Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Snow where did you go.?

I love snow. I really do. I know that's not very popular nowadays, at least among adults. I think the general distaste for it has something to do with driving in the snow, which of course must be miserable. And honestly, I don't drive that much, so that may have something to do with it. Except I have to say I like driving in the snow. Its kind of exciting. And, especially at night, the snowflakes in the headlights make me feel like I'm flying the Starship Enterprise. Awesome. Of course, I also like it when there's a power-out (yippee! Hide-and-go-seek in the dark!), so maybe I've just forgotten I'm supposed to be an adult now.

Anyway it hasn't been the snowiest of seasons this year. We've had some snowfalls, but nothing that has stuck for more than a few days (usually not more than a few hours). So last week when the radio told me there was going to be a big storm all weekend, I was super ready for that to happen. I mean, come on already! And true to their word, it did snow: a little. And the next morning it melted. And though there has been one other day of snow, it already mostly melted as well. The thing that really steamed my britches though is the complete lack of apology from the weather service. Logically, I know that it isn't their fault the snow fizzled, and I also know that the weather is like a living thing so it would be pretty impossible to predict. But still, couldn't they at least have had a repentant tone, or a "so its taking a slightly different turn than we thought", or at the very least a formal, notarized, written apology to me. But no, I've continued to listen to the weather every day, and even when there are changes from a prediction made a half hour before, they still give the each weather report like that is what they've been saying all along. I never thought I would be one of those people who was so bitter that they blamed defenseless weathermen for the weather. But man, I get so miffed with their smug assurances lately that I want to turn off the radio with a satisfying click every time they come on. But I don't. Cuz that would be rude. Also because I'm lazy. And forgetful. What was I talking about?

4 comments:

Jamie said...

Oh, Faralee, I miss you!

elesa said...

Yeah, right? I was going to say something that was really to the point now, but I just can't think of what it was. stick that in your craw.

ae said...

We had snow out here, enough to go sledding twice, but it rained today and melted it all away, so now we are sad as you.

Mahubble said...

I vote for the notarized written apology.